Full Budget 2018 analysis
NEW DELHI: Arun Jaitley Finance Minister of India will presenting the Union Budget 2018 at 11:00 am today, this Budget will be last full-year Budget before the 2019 elections.
Before that elections are due in eight states this year and the budget is expected to mainly focus on farmers, the rural poor and small industrial businesses.
Points to Watch out
- Arun Jaitley has already pointed it that the agriculture sector will be the top priority for the government in this year’s budget 2018.
- Investors expecting some spending to support an economy that’s expected to post its weakest growth in Last four years in BJP Government.
- The government is expected to stay on course with its focus on Development of highways and modernising the railway Stations.
Budget 2018 analysis Here ……
- Read the Budget as a political document, says Jayant Sinha
- Finance minister arrives at North BlockWith just over two hours remaining for his Budget speech, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has reached the Ministry of Finance located in the North Block of the Central Secretariat.
- GST Aspects From Budget: Meanwhile, business in sweet shops have been normal, with 5% GST on the sweet products, and the sellers hoped there is no increase in the upcoming budget revision.
Full Budget 2018 analysis: GST revision aspects from retailersGST has emerged as the main concern of retailers, who wants a relaxation in the tax rates over various product categories.
- Prashant Bhushan tweets: BJP’s budget dilemma: A populist budget, with elections approaching, or to keep the crony corporates happy who have funded it’s extravagant election & advertising campaigns?
The final meeting of Arun Jaitley’s with President Before Budget 2018.
Arun Jaitley Budget 2018 speechFinance Minister says indirect tax structure has been simplified with GST rollout.
Live For Live Stream
- Rs 1,290 cr for National Bamboo Mission: FM Arun Jaitley.
- Removal of crop residue to be subsidized in order to tackle the problem of pollution due to burning of crop residue: FM Arun Jaitley
- 6 crore toilets have been built so far under the Swachh Bharat campaign. The target for the next financial year is to build another 2 crore toilets: FM Arun Jaitley
- FM Added Extension of Kisan credit card to fisheries and animal husbandry farmers
- Finance Minister says allocate Rs 2,600 underground water irrigation plan in 96 districts.
- Another winner from ‘poll’ vault: 80 million poor families to be given free gas connection under Ujjwala scheme.
- ‘Ekalavya’ school“Govt to launch ‘Revitalising Infrastructure and Systems in Education by 2022. By 2022, every block with more than 50% ST population and at least 20,000 tribal people will have ‘Ekalavya’ school at par with Navodaya Vidayalas,” says Jaitley
- 500 mn beneficiaries of govt health care scheme: FM Arun Jaitley
- Budget 2018-19: Focus on agriculture, minimum support price(MSP) to be 1.5 times of costFinance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday announced that the MSP for all agriculture produce would be fixed at a level to ensure the farmer a minimum return of one and a half times over the production cost.Presenting the Budget for the next fiscal, Jaitley said this measure would go a long way to realise the government’s goal of doubling farmers’ income by 2022.
8 crore poor women will get the free gas connection
Rural Electrification FY19 will be of Rs 16,000 crore
- New govt medical colleges coming up
“24 new government medical colleges and hospitals to be set up by upgrading existing district hospitals,” announces Finance Minister.
- Ayushman Bharat Programme for TB patients“It’s a move towards universal health coverage. Allocation Of Rs 600 crore for nutritional support to all tuberculosis patients,” says Jaitley.
- FM Jaitley also added women employees’ contribution to EPF to be reduced to 8% from 10% for the first 3 years.
- Allocate Rs 7,148 cr to textile sector; need investment of Rs 50 lakh cr for infra sector: FM Arun Jaitley